Friday, August 29, 2008

One Week Down!

Madison has just finished her first week at school and she isn't very happy that it's the weekend and can't go back for three whole days! I can't believe how much she enjoys school, she comes home everyday with stories and pictures and I love talking about it with her. I miss her very much during the day... it's very quiet around the house with just Brady and I, but I love seeing the big smile on her face when she starts talking about her day!
Here are a few pictures of how Brady and I pass the time waiting for Madison's bus in the afternoon:


The first day we weren't bored, we were just really anxious to see her so we just waited patiently

by the second day Brady didn't really want to wait, so he brought Madison's Leapster out with us even though I told him it would be too sunny to see the screen. After about a minute he realized I was right and we had to think of something else to do, so we searched for lizards... and found one!


there he is... we found one... can you find him?


here's a closer look... Brady named him IG-WANDA!



I don't think Mr (or Miss, not really sure) Ig-wanda liked us very much because he/she started to leave


but we found him again...


and that's what we do every afternoon while waiting for Maddie's school bus, we look for Ig-wanda... until today when Brady went to look for him and got bit by a fire ant...




he got really itchy!



then he got mad because I couldn't take him into the house to get buggy cream on




but he stopped crying when he heard the school bus coming


and he was very happy when he saw his sister!


and here is Maddie, looking very tired, at the end of her first week...


and BOY WAS SHE TIRED!!!


All said, it was a good week for everyone. Madison LOVES school, and Brady tells me that he likes it "when there is only one boy and one girl at home- NOT TWO GIRLS"!
And I like the alone time that I get to spend with my little man.

I have to work this weekend (it sure has been awhile, I guess I should put in some time!) but we're all home on Monday and were planning to go down to Galveston... keep your fingers crossed for us that Tropical Storm Gustav doesn't create any bad weather earlier than projected! Have a great weekend!

No comments: