
I cannot believe that Madison's first day of kindergarten has come and gone. Where does the time go? I never thought that I would be the mom to a school aged child! What happened to my baby? Well, my baby is growing up and she did great at school today. I knew she would, I mean, she didn't even want Jason & I to go with her. She told us she wanted to ride the bus and didn't want us to meet her at the school... she said "mom, I can handle it". Can you believe that? So that's what we let her do... Jason, Brady & I walked to the bus stop with her, she saw another little girl,Delaney, that's in her class and when the bus pulled up she got on with her new friend and never looked back. The two girls sat together and never even said goodbye! When Brady & I picked her up at the bus stop this afternoon her first words to me as she was getting off the bus were NOT "hi mom, I missed you today", but "I had so much fun I didn't want to come home"... not what I was expecting, but I was thrilled that she had such a great day! As we were walking back home she told me how her and her best friend (a best friend already!) were talking about how they should live at school like the almost grown up kids do (she means college)and the moms & dads could come and visit. I guess my girl really likes school and I couldn't be any happier about it!
Here she is, all ready for her very first day of school ever!






No comments:
Post a Comment