Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 4 at Disney- 3 parks in one day!

Day 4 (Sunday) started out at Magic Kingdom for breakfast at the Crystal Palace. I love having early reservations at this restaurant because you can get into the park before they officially open so you can get pictures of the kids in front of Cinderella's castle before thousands of other people are trying to do the same thing and you have tons of other people in your picture! I took a few, but we let the Photopass guy do the rest so I can't post those until I get the picture CD I ordered from them... his pictures were very creative and very cute!
This picture was at the bus stop at our hotel bright & early that morning


no one was there, a place that is normally bustling with noise and activity is so peaceful early in the morning, it really makes everything beautiful

Madison showing Brady where we'll be eating breakfast (the same place we ate lunch the day before)



it's difficult to see, but Maddie & Brady are on the bridge waiting for them to call our name for breakfast






Time for breakfast (which was very yummy!) and some visitors (this is always Maddie & Brady's favorite part of the meal- so glad we did a character meal every day!)





after breakfast we were going to leave the Magic Kingdom and head over to the Animal Kingdom for the day... on the way out of the park we had to make a couple of stops first, though... stop #1 was to a store so Madison could spend a little of her birthday money on the birthday shirt she had wanted so badly (because we were celebrating Maddie's birthday there, on her actual birthday Disney gave us a gift card worth $63 for her to spend!), and of course she had to put it on right away!
After that we couldn't leave without seeing Chip n Dale (I had no idea how much both Maddie & Brady LOVE Chip n Dale!)




finally out of the park and heading over to the Animal Kingdom

Brady couldn't wait to see Flick- the boy loves bugs... Maddie sat this one out- good thing we have a picture of her with flick from when she was 3!





it was so unbelievably hot outside! That's why we took Madison out of school to go in the spring and not wait for summer vacation!


... the only way to cool down was to get WET... M & B loved Kali River Rapids!

and then find a fountain to cool off in!






then it was time to stay cool with some frozen lemonade!








Maddie and Brady found a lizard they wanted to play with!

Maddie couldn't wait to go on Expedition Everest so that's what the girls did...

so while we went on the "Yeti Ride" the boys went over to Dino Land for some rides of their own!


after a very long, very hot day at Animal Kingdom we went over to Hollywood Studios for some dinner and Brady's very first (and second- he had to go on twice) ride on Tower of Terror! Then we stayed for FANTASMIC which is my favorite show at Disney... Jason and I make sure to see it every time we're at Disney!
Here's Brady waiting patiently for the sun to set so the show can begin... he was really looking forward to seeing sorcerer Mickey and all the evil characters (remember his love for all things spooky), but unfortunately about 30 seconds before the show began he fell asleep and didn't wake up until the next morning (when he had no idea how he had gotten from the park to his hotel room bed!). Maybe he'll get to see it when we go back in February!


I'll add more pictures later... only 4 days of Disney to go! I'll also try to add pictures from Madison's time trials swim meet on Saturday. She placed 1st place in her age group for 1 stroke (freestyle, I think) and 2nd place for the other stroke (back stroke, I think... I wasn't there, Jason was!) so she did great!

No comments: