Friday was GO TEXAN DAY at Madison's school. For those of you that don't live in Texas, Go Texan Day is held the Friday before the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (usually just called "The Rodeo"). Rodeo Houston is a really big deal and the Livestock show is the largest in the world... to celebrate and get into the spirit, employers, schools, etc encourage everyone to wear their best western-wear and be cowboys/cowgirls for the day- for the past 55 years it's been known as GO TEXAN DAY. Madison's school celebrated by having a hoedown. All the kids dressed up and sang traditonal Texas songs and danced. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Of course, not being native Texans and this is the first year that Maddie's been in school, I had no idea what a big deal it really is! Next year I'll know that Madison absolutely NEEDS a pair of cowboy boots! What a fun day! Next week she's on Spring Break and I'm really looking forward to having her around for a whole week!
Here are a few pictures of Madison and her class singing and dancing:














the chicken dance






Madison really seemed to enjoy her very first Texas Hoedown and I just loved watching her!

then it was time to say goodbye to her good friend McKenna- McKenna is moving back to Louisiana and Madison was very sad to see her go.

... Brady was just plain sad... it was too hot outside, he had to go potty, Madison's hoedown was taking too long... that boy was just MISERABLE!

I had a great time, though- I'm so proud of my little cowgirl!

We've had a pretty fun, busy weekend... I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow of M & B swimming in the pool, having lots of friends over and a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese! Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment