Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Girls are Tired Today

The girls (Madison & I) are tired this morning... the boys are not- they slept right through everything! Jason even got some EXTRA sleep because Madison & I just woke him up (it's 7am and he normally gets up at 4:30 and leaves the house at 5)!
Last night we had some pretty bad storms- not as bad as Oklahoma, thank goodness, but the wind and the rain were so heavy that it sounded a little like it did during Hurricane Ike (believe it or not, the boys slept through the worst of that storm, too). Madison and I were up for a couple hours last night listening to/watching the wind blow our neighbors things (trash barrels, for instance) around and the trees bending so far we thought they'd break in half. The lights were flickering on and off for about a half hour before we finally lost power around 1am. That would be the reason Jason didn't wake up on time... I guess he never realized he would actually have to put the battery in in order to make the battery back-up work on his alarm clock! But now it's 7am and we have power again, the weather is sunny and it'll be another warm (75 outside!) winter day!

No comments: