Friday, February 13, 2009

A Funny Thing About Texas

Ever since we've lived in Texas we've known that Texas can sometimes be like a different country... things are sometimes just a little different here. And Texans are proud to be Texans. Much like the rest of the country is patriotic and proud to be American, Texans have a very strong pride in their state, most believe there is no better place in the world to be. We've been here for a while now, and it doesn't seem so strange to us anymore, but some things still strike Jason & I as funny... like the Pledge to the Texas Flag. Now, I've known about this since we moved here and thought it was strange, but soon forgot about it. Then, when Madison began school in the fall I was, of course, reminded by it and, again, thought it was strange, but soon forgot. Today I was at her school and saw the poster for it and it just made me laugh. Is there any other state in America that says a pledge to their state flag as well as the American flag or is this just another funny thing that you'll only find in Texas??
I'll post pictures from her Valentine's Day party later!

No comments: